Happy Friday! I hope you are all getting ready for a beautiful, sunshine filled Independence Day weekend! We FINALLY got a decent summer forecast, so I'm expecting lots of beach time and playing outside!
On Fridays, I like to share with you some blogs/articles/videos I've come across throughout the week. Usually these focus on Cultivating Consciousness, increasing awareness and mindfulness. I hope you'll have a chance to check them out!
1. This is blog post from The Spunky Coconut, its a review of a cookbook written in the 1960's, and based off the teachings of Ellen G. White from the 1800s. Its reassuring, but not surprising, that many of the food philosophies shared by myself and many other holistic health seekers are echoed in the wisdom of previous centuries. I also love Kelly's interpretation... very witty! Plus she has some hilarious and enlightening quotes from the book. Check it out. Has anyone ever heard of this book, or Ellen G. White before?
2. This blog post from Crazy Sexy Life that reviews the pros and cons of coconut oil. Coconut oil... menace or miracle? What do you think? Personally, I love the stuff!
3. You might have already gathered that I'm a huge proponent of chiropractic. Most people associate chiropractic with back and neck pain, but its really SOOO much more than that. Chiropractic is about removing stress from your nervous system, which is the primary control system of the body. There are so many reasons that healthy people go to the chiropractor, especially kids. I love this article from Well Adjusted Babies that talks about 10 reasons parents take healthy kids to the chiropractor. And there are way more than just 10 reasons!! Does your family see a chiropractor?
4. Ever get PMS? My friend Dr. Christie looks at PMS from a holistic perspective in this post. How do you handle PMS?
5. This article called Is Diet Soda Making You Fat? on Yahoo looks at the misconception that diet soda is a healthier option. If you're still drinking soda, this article is for you.
6. And to make you smile..... Playing For Change: Songs Around The World. Stand By Me.