Wednesday, May 18, 2011

WIAW- Grain Free And Vegan Friendly

Its that time again for all the food voyeurs out there!(don't worry, I'm one of you too)

I have a few vegan friends who I've been talking to about the grain issue (and yes, it is an issue). There is a method for my madness about why I do not eat grains (or at least VERY FEW), so check back for that in an upcoming post. In the meantime, you will see that today's menu is completely grain-free and vegan friendly!

For breakfast, I had my standard smoothie. It's always different and is always a combo of fruits and veggies. And my awesome husband always makes it for me. Food always tastes better when someone else makes it! I love coming home from my morning workout to this in the fridge!


 Broccoli stalks, kale, strawberries, blueberries, almond milk, and chocolate vega protein powder. 

And of course a hot cup of tea. 



Yogi tea bag tag: 
Our thoughts are forming the world.


When I came home for lunch, I didn't have much time to eat and get back to work. Luckily, salads are quick and easy. 



Mixed greens from my local farmer, chickpeas, lime and chili-pepper roasted sweet potatoes, cucumber, hemp seeds, ground pepper and a home-made herb and mustard dressing that I made last minute. I also had this beauty to go with it:


GT Dave's Mango Kombucha. Smile. My brother-in-law is the kombucha king, so I'm hoping to recreate some of his master-pieces for you soon!

In the afternoon I ate a handful of almonds, and a leftover Raw Revolution bar from our recent road-trip. 


I don't love the raspberry chocolate flavor, but they make a chocolate coconut flavor that's pretty good (that one was eaten on the road trip)! 

I had a late meeting after work tonight, so by the time I got home I was completely starving and the husband wasn't home yet either. I'm in the final count down to summer break (public school worker here), so we're just hanging in there until then. I cooked whatever vegetables I could find with my standard stir-fry sauce. 


Cabbage, broccoli, onion, bell peppers, hemp seeds sauteed in coconut oil with hot chili oil, braggs liquid aminos, garlic, and ginger, and then topped with a tiny bit of toasted sesame seed oil. Its my stand by and you can not screw it up in any combination. 

Not the most exciting day to share..... but June is coming!

8 comments:

  1. I'm loving your lunch and dinner! You know I have a Chile-Lime spice blend that I've been using on roasted peas...but I might have to try it on sweet potatoes now. :) [My go to for sweets is cumin, though...LOVE.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Yogi teas! The little messages totally make my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Miss Smart- I hear ya on that, I love me some cumin!

    @ Dishin- I look forward to the little tea tag every time I open the bag, I'm glad this one could make your day too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum yum yum! <3 I'm jealous of your salad! I went to make a spring mix salad with my fancy organic greens I bought in bulk only to realize I ate all my veggies and leftover veggie bits in the fridge already. umm i just bought them? bah! grocery trip #2 in the works!

    Happy WIAW!!! <3

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  5. all your eats look fab. That's so cute that your hubby makes the shake for you.
    I save all my yogi tea tags and paste them in my journal...they say some really great things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahah, Jen, youre SUPPOSED to eat all your veggies! :) I'm thankful we only live a few blocks from our local co-op for that very reason!

    MRW- thanks for checking out my blog. GREAT idea with the tea tags, I think I might start that!

    Thanks for all your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their WEBSITE www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete