This is my first summer not working. At the start of summer break I had dreams and visions of a highly productive summer spent outside, in my newly created garden, at the beach, meandering through town on hot steamy summer days. In reality, my days are already slipping away from me. Hot and steamy have not been appropriate adjectives to describe the wet and unseasonably cold weather we've been having. As the summer solstice came and went, I started reflecting on how I want to spend my summer. When school starts again in the Fall, what experiences do I hope I've had? And so... I made a list.
My Summer List
- Make my own bath scrubs
- Find old furniture at a thrift store and upcycle it
- Strip and paint the old desk we have
- Make my own laundry detergent
- Go camping- locally, and frequently
- Yoga at LEAST once a week
- Mountain biking, often!
- Meditate daily
- Re-decorate my bedroom
- Learn how to actually use my camera and practice taking pictures
- Get pictures developed and hang them on the walls
- Clean and decorate the old window I found, hang it on the wall
- Buy fresh flowers, often
- Lots of hikes with my dog
- Shop the local "touristy" shops
- Farmers and Artisan Market, as often as possible!
- Go berry picking!
- Find window treatments for the dining room windows
- Exercise..... keep up with my power hour.
I hope this is a work in progress. I hope to come back and add to my list, and check things off as I go! Starting...... now!
What is on your summer list of things you want to do?