So here's how it works...
The rules of the "Stylish Blogger Award" are:
- Say seven things about yourself.
- Pass on to other bloggers.
- Contact them and let them know you have done so.
- Link back to the blog that tagged you.
1. I love to travel alone. A couple years ago, I made the decision to go to Nepal. I bought a one-way ticket 2 weeks before I left. I ended up staying for a couple months, living with a Nepali family in a rural village, and volunteering to teach in the village school, as well as traveling throughout the country and trekking in the Himalayas. I also spent part of my time volunteering in an orphanage for children with disabilities. The whole experience was one of the most challenging, rewarding, and personally validating experiences of my life. It was an incredible opportunity for personal-growth.
|With some of the kids in my class|
|Learning to cook Dal Bhat, the traditional food in Nepal.|
|With some of the beautiful women in the village.|
|This is the family I lived with.|
|Foggy Morning at Annapurna Base Camp.|
|One of those little people is me, standing in front of Annapurna Mountain|
|In front of Annapurna, freezing.|
|View from Annapurna Base Camp|
|Playing with the girls in the village.|
2. I met my husband in 2001 when I was a sophomore in college. We started dating, but didn't get married until 2009. Our relationship exemplifies synergy; who I am, my perception of the world, my motivation to grow and live and experience life on every level is nourished everyday by this man.
3. We don't watch TV. We have a television, but its not hooked up to cable and we don't get local channels. Its just for Netflix, and its in the basement instead of the main living area of our house. The fact that I'm sharing this on my blog makes me laugh... ever heard of the book/blog Stuff White People Like? Although it makes me a complete fodder for satire, it also allows more time for reading, exercising, exploring, and talking. We sit on the couch and talk after dinner instead of watching TV. Plus, it saves money. :)
4. I have my Masters in Social Work (MSW) degree from the University of Michigan (go blue). I worked for about 5 years as a foster care and adoption therapist before taking the job I have now. I still envision more growth for myself, career wise.
|Grad School Roommates|
5. I love avocados. A lot. I hide them from my husband so I can eat them all. Its a problem (for him).
6. We bought our house about a year ago and now live 2 blocks from the beach. Heaven. My favorite thing is hearing the sound of crashing waves in the morning and running along the shoreline as the sun is coming up. (I'm actually shocked that I don't have a picture of this, I obviously need to take a camera with me next time!)
7. I love Chiropractic. I believe that healing comes from the inside and I truly believe that the only way to reach your optimal health and your overall potential is with a healthy nervous system. Chiropractic is the only way to do that.
In the spirit of the Stylish Blogger Award, I want to share with you some of my favorite blogs to read. Hope you find some that inspire you too!
1. Kelsey @ Happyolks
2. Kate @ A Healthy Passion
3. Jennifer @ Peas and Crayons
4. Sayward @ Bonzai Aphrodite
5. Lane @ The Traveling Circus
6. Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing